Job Title: Service Technician
Supervisor: Service Manager
Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motorcycles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accept work assignments from Service Advisor/Manager.
- Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
- Perform service, repair and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
- Notify Service Advisor/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of delay.
- Keep customers’ vehicle cleaner than when it was dropped off.
- After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
- Keep work area as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
- Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communicating with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain technical qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Completion of factory authorized formal training programs such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience.
- Equipped with proper tools.
- Maintain a positive attitude and relationship with all other employees.
- Capable of pushing and loading motorcycles.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and motorcycle endorsement.
- Passion for the motorcycling lifestyle and riding community.
- Attention to detail.
- High energy level needed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, Holidays, and evenings.
- Proficient in meeting deadlines on a timely manner.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift 50lbs of material.
- Requires the ability to balance and push an 800+lb motorcycle.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
In addition to the outlined essential job functions, the employee is required to complete all additional tasks assigned by his/her supervisor, as the supervisor sees fit for the position. Failure to comply will result in immediate discipline at the discretion of dealership management.
I have read and understand the duties, responsibilities and qualifications of this position and acknowledge that I can perform the essential functions of the job with or without an accommodation.